Thursday, August 29, 2013

Yesterday, Tuesday, 8/28/2013

Had a great day.  Got money from editing job number two, and signed a contract for work through Thanksgiving, but there's lots more where that came from. I love this work, and working with this guy.  I'm going with this one big time.

Left my morning meeting and went and joined Planet Fitness, a gym.  $20/month, got a Planet Fitness T-shirt, can work out at any Planet Fitness anywhere, lots of extras.  And had a great workout!  Full body, I worked everything.  Chest--bench press, incline bench press, flies.  Shoulders--overhead press with n dumbbells, side and front lifts with dumbbells, worked rear delts on cables.  Triceps--pull downs with bar, and with rope.   Biceps--curls with dumbbells and on the machine.  Lats and back--sitting rows, wide gripped pulldowns to back, medium gripped pulldowns to front, shrugs.  Abs and core--leg lifts, hyperextensions to the front and sides.  Quads--extensions on machine, presses.  Hamstrings--curls on machine.  Calves--on leg press machine.  That's a pretty good workout.

I can't tell you how good this feels. Sore today, and love it.  I am loving the running, etc., but working out in a gym is what I really love.  Will probably need two days off ,then workout Sat morning.  But will do a 5k on Friday.

After that, went to Fret Mill, downtown Roanoke, and got a book on blues mandolin, with CD.  And some really good picks, Dunlops, different thicknesses.  Read an article that good picks are worth it. Only 40c a piece, but nicer than what I'm used to.  Got one thick one, maybe for mandolin.  Can't find it right now, but got two that are medium, 1.14mm and two medium .96mm.  Will find out what I like.

But the big news is that I bought a new mandolin.  $55.  It's a Savannah, and they had others of that brand and more, up the price scale, but I loved the way this one played.  So easy.  I had them hold it, will get it Saturday.  Can sell my other one.

Then went to dinner at Maureen's, met her poet friend Alice.  She'll help in our food business.  We talked about it, might get going next week.  Could be fun.  And some extra money.  Maureen made a great dinner, fajitas and sauteed some eggplant slices with parmesan for appetizers.  They don't drink, so I didn't either.  Felt good.

Called Gina on way home, talked a long time.  She's in Florida, looking for a job.  Fun conversation.  I realized how fun my life is now.  Meeting great, interesting people, having quite an adventure.  Every day is different.  Today I will do lots of editing for first editing project. Stay home and work here.

When I got home, it was raining and windy on mountain, very beautiful.

Now, coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment