Friday, August 9, 2013

Had a good day, got lots done.  Got a small editing job, but it already paid a little cash.  Woo!  And might have found a harmonica player.  He lives close, is outgoing and is a writer.  Did the 7 minute workout, and now I'm going to go run.  Will try to go about a 5k distance.  Will let you know!

I did workout this morning, too.  Heavy abs--800 crunches, 200 "bicycles," 50 crunches with 15 lb weight, 50 movements on each side, moving shoulder in toward knee, with 15 lb weight on shoulder.  And 1 minute plank, followed by 30 sec plank. Then did my shoulder, curl, reverse curl, wrist curl workout.  And lots of pushups.  Whew!

Just ran 3.3 miles (an extra tenth for a 5k) in Wasena Park.  Very humid, and lots of gnats.  Wehn you are sweaty, they just stick to you.  Ugh. This was a very flat run, but it was still very hard.  Almost quit several times, thinking, "this would still be good," but kept on.  Towards the end, I was like, "3 miles would be good, don't you think? "  But I kept on, and on and on, it seemed. It was by no means fast, or pretty. Will it get any easier?  I guess if this was easy, everyone would be in shape.

I haven't run that far in at least 5 years.  I guess when you don't keep at it, it's not easy when you start back up. Time for a shower.

Ok, I lied.  There are some steps near where I am tonight, and they are just crying out to be run up and down.  


As you can see, these are very homemade steps, and though they all seem to have the same rise, the runs are very...odd.  You'll get three regular steps and then a long run, like a section of a sidewalk, then maybe two steps and then two of the long runs.  And so on.  No discernable pattern.  but there are 47 of them, total, and I went and ran them 5 times.  Now to shower.  I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment