Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New post, 8/7/2013

It’s raining on the mountain, very beautiful.  8 am.  Pouring really.  Just started the 7 min workout, but when stepping up on the chair, I felt a new knee pain, left knee, which I’ve never had trouble with before.  Sharp pain.  So I stopped.  I finished another workout, upper body, and I don’t feel the pain now. Damn. I love that workout.  I’m going to try to get more of a stool, like Betsy has, lower, and might not be as hard on my knees.  Plus, could work faster.  Still, I’ll give it a few days.  Try some light running tomorrow if I can. 
Upper body workout with 15 lb dumbbell.  Shoulder press, shoulder side raises, front raises, triceps, curls, reverse curls, wrist curls, then repeated twice (3 times total).  Good workout.  More pushups, tricep dips.  Arms seem covered, but still concerned that this will only maintain, not grow, my biceps.  They do hurt (good hurt), though.  Shoulders good.  Abs good.  How to work lats?  If I had a bar a few feet off the ground, I could get under it, lying on back, pulling up. 

House and car.

Coffee, the standard 2 cups, cream, little sugar.  Bagel and cream cheese. 

Listened to Hayes Carll radio interview.  Good stuff.  Now checking out the Carpenter Ants.  Funky, rootsy.  Not bad.  Then some Karen Dalton--you should really listen to her.

Katie Cruel. Great song.  One of Dylan's favorite singers, and one of the few musicians he really respected in his early days in Greenwich Village.  

Two veggie burgers this afternoon.  And some mac and cheese with tuna and veggies.  Waiting to hear on a job I've applied for and really want.  Damn.  Hate this.



No comments:

Post a Comment